ONLINE WEB SECURITY SCAN: A QUICK TOOL GUIDE
Website Security Scan - When you're looking for a web security scan tool, you end up overwhelmed by all the promises you read on their websites. You don't know which one to sign up for your account. Forums can also give reliable website security scan tools, but their website security scan requirements might be different from yours. It's still leaving your web security scan requirements unattended. It's understandable because it's a hard decision to make.
To help you decide which web security scan tool is the best to use, you need to create a short checklist of the things you need the most from a web security scan tool. We're going to guide you through the best qualities of a web security scan tool.
Web Security Scan in 3 Steps :
We narrowed down the guide into three sections. First, you must understand your needs such as advanced technology or 24 hours staffed threat detection team. Secondly, the other features that might help you even more in your web security scan. Lastly, the web security scan functionality is necessary to make a web security scan tool useful and effective.
Step 1: Knowing Your Web Security Scan
It's easy to decide which tool you need when your website's damaged already. It surely gave you ideas on what things you need from a web security scan tool. How about if you're still starting and got no experience with online hacking incidents? An outline of your requirements is the answer to that. Why? Because there are plenty of tools that may not be a good match for you. Here's a brief list of elements you have to consider:
- Is your application developed with Java, PHP or .NET?
- Does your app use anti-forgery tokens?
- Are URL rewrites used?
- Does your site require authentication?
- Do you require team collaboration features?
- What kind of reporting features do you need?
- Do you require rapid scalability – how many applications do you need to monitor?
- Do you prefer a solution that is automatically maintained and updated?
- Do you require API access?
Step 2: Check out the Web Security Scan Tool Features
Are you good with the limited tool reports you get? We think it's better to have more than you've asked for. Besides, you'll want to see your security 360 degrees. Most especially when there are new threats happening online. Get a website security scan tool that can cover all aspects of website security.
Step 3: Assess Scanner Functionality
We know that using a website security scan can still give you any doubts. That's okay. But you need a lot of trust in your web security scan tool. It’s the result of using the security scanner repeatedly and learning where it performs well, and where additional human input might be required. You came here to get a website security scan tool anyway.
Obviously, the website security scan tool isn't created to replace the detailed pre-attack security measures. It's meant to help the process be more efficient. A human and live penetration testing and auditing of the website security scan tool is always a good idea.
As you examine functionality and features, it’s fine to evaluate a security scanner in a test environment, but it’s better to rely on the real-world testing of a live application where possible. Here are some of the functions you should expect to see incorporated into your scanner:
- 1.1. Easy to Use: It's important that it's easy to operate on the affected website. Or else, it'll be difficult for the website security staff to clean the whole hacked website.
- 1.2. Minimal Impact on Business Productivity: The free web vulnerability scanner tools must not affect the website's performance. Its role is to protect and report possible vulnerabilities as much as possible.
- 1.3. Threat Detection and Response: This is what free web vulnerability scanner tools are made for. It's easier to prevent damage than resolving it. Look into how fast and efficient free web vulnerability scanner tools work. Try reading from review forums or websites, too.
- 1.4. Extensive Reporting Capabilities: The free web vulnerability scanner tools must provide you an extensive report on what's the website's activities and performance. This will reduce false negatives and will prepare you better in the future.
cWatch: The Best Web Security Scan
On the vast sea of website security scan tool, cWatch offers the most efficient features for businesses. It is the website security check tool that combines a Web Application Firewall (WAF) provisioned over a Secure Content Delivery Network (CDN). It is a fully capable website security check tool from around-the-clock staffed Cyber Security Operation Center (CSOC) of certified security analysts and is powered by a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) that leverages data from over 85 million endpoints to detect and mitigate threats before they occur.
Test it for Free
There's protection available for every website owner. You don't need to splurge on them. You can use cWatch Scan test for free. No charge at all. There are also other affordable plans available on our website. Just visit our website for more details. Try cWatch free online website security scanner tool, for best results.